potty training

I have been trying to potty train my daughter but I have not been successful.
I have been told to put her on her potty chair first thing in the morning but she is wet before I get her out of bed. I try to get her to sit on the potty chair but she freaks out. If anyone has more ideas I would appreciate them.

F-Anny-Bot

Asked by F-Anny-Bot at 11:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I went to your page and saw that your daughter is only 19 months old. It really just sounds like she is not ready to be potty trained...which is very normal, most kids aren't ready until they are at least 2. Put it on hold for a bit. Keep the potty chair out so that she can get used to and comfortable with it.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:01 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Are you sure she's really ready? If not, you're just wasting your time and causing a lot of frustration for her. Most are not really mature enough physically, or intellectually to "get it" until around 2 or so. She will start showing signs of being ready like, telling you that she just went (in her diaper) or by taking her diaper off, things like that. If you wait till she's truly ready, you will most likely have her trained in a week or so. And it won't be so frustrating for you. However, letting her sit on her potty chair and telling her that's where she puts her pee pee and poo poo and things like that could help get her used to the idea for when she's ready. Good luck to ya!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 12:11 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I've always heard that it's a good time to start potty training when your child wakes up dry. But, my mom says I was potty trained at 13 months? My son turned 3 6 weeks ago and isn't interested in the least! He wakes up dry, I sit him on the potty, nothing. 5 minutes later I put his training pants on and he drenches them...so I guess I'm no expert!
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 12:37 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I would wait until she is closer to being 2 and i am still working on my 2 yr old but i found a trick when she goes to the bathroom give her a potty treat but only if she goes. And after she starts using it more only give her the treat until she gets her diaper back on. And the potty treats should only b somthing she gets when she uses the potty. I get a bag of gummy worms or bears and give my kid 3 at a time.
    pallies2

Answer by pallies2 at 12:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2009