what is love?

anybody?help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• baby, don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more
    Anonymous

• actually I think some people consider love anything that they want it to be to bring happiness. Unfortunately, it turns out to be short term for some. I think your question is the best I've seen on CM. I'm old and supposedly wise but you have me stumped on this one. I know my "love" for my children is different than my "love" for any man I've been with. I know my "love" for my Higher Power is greater than any other "love" I think I've experienced. It's peaceful and satisfying and warm and safe. Of course I feel that way on a cold night in my bedroom under my down comforter too! So, I'm not sure how to really answer you. Are you trying to decide if you are in love with a person other than yourself? Sometimes we forget to love ourselves first. I'll be curious to find the Best Answer on this one!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:05 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Here is your definition of "Love"

Love is any of a number of emotions and experiences related to a sense of strong affection.[1] The word love can refer to a variety of different feelings, states, and attitudes, ranging from generic pleasure ("I loved that meal") to intense interpersonal attraction ("I love my girlfriend"). This diversity of meanings, combined with the complexity of the feelings involved, makes love unusually difficult to consistently define, even compared to other emotional states.
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 12:05 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• anon . . Ha . . at first I didn't understand, and I was on the phone with my sister and she was telling me something personal and I busted out laughing . . . she thought I was laughing at her, of course I explained . . . but HAHA . . that was funny! I needed that!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:12 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• BOO ANON I WANTED TO SAY THAT!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOL thats what i was thinking when i read it
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:17 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Love is putting up with someone's crap over and over again, and not understanding why you can't hate that person. Then wanting nothing more to get a hug from the same person when you are upset. Love makes it 100 times easier to get mad at the person, and 100 times worse when they hurt you. Love is laying it out there for the other person to stomp all over you, and they don't.

Love is NOT: Sex, Being "all mushy", only happy thoughts about the person, liking your spouse all the time, never fighting. It is not infatuation, it is not even liking the person. None of these are true love.

3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 12:21 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• True love comes with time and trials. True love is respect, the kind you earn. Love grows, it does not show itself every day not even every month or year. Love can be found in faith. Faith knowing that the person you felt the infatuation for is still in there, and knowing that it may be months or years before you see it again. Marriage vows say for better or worse because people do change, and it is not always for the better, it is much more often for the worse, but the better DOES come back.
    3gifts.from.god

• "Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 12:42 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• To me, love is knowing I am not perfect, my husband is not perfect but we *are* perfect for each other. It's respect, communication, affection, understanding and patience. He's my best friend. It's a willingness to work but not feel like you're working. It's a willingness to face whatever comes our way together. Contrary to some Moms love DOES include passion. You don't have to make yourself fall into someone elses definition of love -- all you have to do is find the guy that defines it the same way YOU do. Love is unique to each couple. If there were a perfect formula.. we would all do it the same way, but it not that simple.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:57 AM on Jan. 9, 2009