Timing contractions???

How do you do this? Im 33 weeks and want to know before that day comes lol first time mom here :) so when they start you keep it timed how long they last then you count how long it takes before you get another one and then you have to keep track how many you get within a period of time???? Is this right lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You time from the beginning of one contraction to the beginning of the next.
    VAMommyX4

Answer by VAMommyX4 at 12:08 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• you start from the start of one contraction to the start of another (how far appart) and also time the length of the actual contraction. This allows you to tell your doc "They are 10 minutes appart and lasting 1 minute each.

if you are on the computer a lot, bookmark this site to use. you click the button at the start and end and start again. It really just turns it into clicking a button to time them instead of watching a clock

http://www.baby2see.com/contractions_timer.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• You keep track of the amount of time from the beginning of one contraction to the beginning of the next. You can try to keep up with how long each contraction lasts, but it's really not that important. The important part is how far in between. There's a website that you can go to... www.contractionmaster.com

All you have to do is click when the contraction starts, and click when the next one starts. : )
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 12:10 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• LOL heather you basically said the same thing I did :) we just posted 2 different timers :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• **** Sorry, meant to say click when the contraction starts, ends, and click when the next one starts. : )
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 12:12 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Ok so i time how long the contraction is and time how long after the first it takes to get another one correct?

So it can be like the contraction lasted 4 mintues and took 10 mintues to get another contraction correct? :)
    Anonymous

• Oh, lol... Sure did! I wish I had known about that timer when I was pregnant with my first... It was like 3am and I was sitting on the couch, watching Sex & The City re-runs, and straining my eyes to see the clock.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 12:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Go to www.contractionmaster.com . . . it will time them for you!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:14 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Oh ok thanks alot for the help and sites. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Contractions won't last 4 minutes... They tend to last about 30 second to 1 minute or so... give or take. And yes the time between them could be as long as 10 minutes... could be more or less depending on how your labor is progressing.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:42 AM on Jan. 9, 2009