I'm 25 years old, I DO NOT have chicken pox... Right???

Uggg my sister has me paranoid lol. Ive been sick all weekend. Started with a fever blister like spot on my tounge, then another one, and another one.... I've been notcicing these little pus filled dots popping up on ym hands the last two days. They don't itch or anything. But I've got like 20 on my hands. My throat hurts sooooooo had, but in specific spots. I got a flashlight last night and noticed that I had little red sores in my mouth. Now I've got a few of those blisters on my feet. Am I getting paranoid? I was showing my mom and my sister pops in and said I probably have chicken pox and walked away laughing. Then my mom said that I only had them once and it was ot very bad at all. I'm 25! How can this be happening?? I have a 2 yr old and yes she is in dc, but none of the kids have had it. I don't have insurance... Isn't chicken pox as an adult really dangerous?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Nov. 27, 2011 in Health

• It can be dangerous. Are you running a fever?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 27, 2011

• yes it can be & very scarring to your skin....good luck
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 27, 2011

• sounds like chicken pox. I don't know how dangerous it is, but it is quite contagious. My DH had them when he was 21. Flew from Los Angeles to Tel Aviv while contagious but not yet showing symptoms. Gave it to his 23 yr. old sister, a niece and nephew and those were the known cases. He said he ran about 104 for a couple of days. not fun.

when you call a doctor tell the nurse your suspicions and you will have to go in a back entrance.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:55 PM on Nov. 27, 2011

• can adults get foot and mouth? I know it can be common in kids...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:56 PM on Nov. 27, 2011

• If you had them once before it is most likely not chicken pox. It is just on one side of your body? If so it could be shingles.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:59 PM on Nov. 27, 2011

• Shingles, hand foot and mouth disease..... but yes, you need to get to a doctor tomorrow!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:31 PM on Nov. 27, 2011

• VERY common in daycares, and people can be carriers of it and not get it. Someone's kid has it!! Super contagious, too!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:32 PM on Nov. 27, 2011

• If you had them once before it is most likely not chicken pox. It is just on one side of your body? If so it could be shingles. <-- which is cause by the same virus as Chicken pox... bottom line... you should see a doc tomorrow for a Dx!! You can go on an anti-viral if you catch it in time... which will lessen the pain & discomfort.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:33 PM on Nov. 27, 2011

• DO NOT GO TO THE DOCTOR BEFORE CALLING THEM!!!! They will need to take precautions in case you are contagious.

YES, you can have chicken pox. I had them at 23 and was extremely sick. DO NOT take any aspirin or anything containing aspirin.

You could also have scarlet fever. You can't have shingles if you haven't had chicken pox. Also, could be measles, foot hand mouth or 5th disease.

Adults with chicken pox are seriously sick and it can be a problem. Call the doctor or nurse hot line and describe the symptoms.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:53 PM on Nov. 28, 2011