My daughter is almost 6 months old... and recently when i put her to bed she is very restless. She gets up on her feet and scoots around on her head until she falls asleep. why does she do this?

CassieLee85

Asked by CassieLee85 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son is 7 months old and he does the same thing and it's kind of funny because he looks like a little dog looking for a good place to laid down but once he found his spot he will fall asleep.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 1:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• My little one is a bit younger but I've done so much more research than is right so I'll give the answer I've found. At 6 months, your little one is starting to learn so much in such a short time, why should she sleep when there is so much to do and learn. As for specifically WHAT she's doing, what better time to practice scooting that will eventually lead to standing or walking or whatever milestone is next for her. You know, if you want to read up yourself, I've found the book that I learn the most from is What To Expect The First Year. It's like my bible, and when I was pregnant, the precurser What To Expect While Expecting was my bible too :)
    Hannah-Belle

Answer by Hannah-Belle at 11:01 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Been there and done that lol.
    Its your little ones way of trying to fight sleep. :)
    Anonymous

• my daughter does that to.. she makes me laugh watching her... i think there just figuring out how to move themselfs around...that and there fighting sleep ;p
    Sweet_nothings

Answer by Sweet_nothings at 12:50 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Maybe she is trying to get comfy. As other babies her age, she is learning how to self-soothe and get herself comfy enough to go to sleep on her own.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 2:44 AM on Jul. 17, 2008