Is testing on animals for medical research

wrong in your opinion? Why or why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't have an issue with using animals for legitimate medical/scientific testing. I am opposed to animal testing for shampoo or cosmetics and some of the garbage that tries to pass for real science.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 11:58 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Well I think it is...but what would you rather them do...test on humans? I must add that if it's something you are against...you might consider what vaccines you are using because they use animal products and most people are unaware of that. also your soaps, shampoo's and other stuff like that are tested with animals...not all companies though...so if your against it try looking for companies that don't. I wanna say aussie is one of them.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 12:30 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• No. Insulin was a direct result of animal testing on a diabetic dog. Thank you Fido!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• While I'm not all "Yippee! Let's test on animals!", I do think that it can be a great thing. If testing on animals leads to a cure for cancer, then those animals will not have been tested in vain. :)

It's not ideal, but what are the other options? Testing on humans? And before anyone asks, yes, I do put a higher value on human life than I do animal life.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:37 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Gotta test them on something and seriously I could care less about rats!! No but really if they couldn't test them on himans it would b nearly impossible to get the ok to test things on humans!! And there r so many tyings which have done so much good that are because of animal testing!!
    katmills0884

Answer by katmills0884 at 12:38 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Agree w/above. Good for ya'll. Sensible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Amen and see above! I hope they treat them well, but I don't want something getting fed to my daughter first, ya know!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:00 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• maybe they should be able to test on the ppl on death row. Why not give them a purpose for us to "take care" of them!!
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 2:02 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I like how you think WAganma56!!!

But, actually a lot of testing IS done on humans...voluntarily, of course...those who sign up for clinical trials, and those who arrange to donate their bodies to science!

If I had a terminal illness, I would absolutely sign up for a drug trial for the illness/disease I had. If it worked, GREAT, if not, I was going to die anyway.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:36 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I would hate for animals to be in pain or be treated badly. I think that is one of the only ways to do it though. Animals can't sue, people can.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 10:26 AM on Jan. 9, 2009