For mommies who have babies with dark hair

Does your baby have dark hair and for the first few weeks or so was their hair really oily? Mine was, we couldn't touch it or it would turn greasy. It was so hard to keep our hands off of, never had a baby with that much hair!

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 12:27 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter came out with a full head of hair and i never once had heartburn in my life. But yes her hair gets like that too. Its not so bad anymore, now that shes getting older.
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 3:11 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• yeah mine too...she has a lot of dark hair and she collects all the oil from when you kiss her hug her, etc.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:41 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Yeah, his hair was fairly oily. It's turning blonde on top now, though! The front still seems to be oily.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:56 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Leila's hair was definitely more oily when she was first born, but I also didn't wash her hair as often.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I have a feeling my baby will as well. Haha it's known that when women feel nauseated their baby has a higher chance for lots of hair but just don't touch it a lot, maybe put a hat on him/ her or put it in hair clippy's if a girl, maybe take a wash cloth and wipe the baby down.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 1:57 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Actually Hesmynavyman it`s heartburn that brings the hair, so the story goes.  Must be true cause I had it AWFUL and both the kids had so much they looked shaggy lol!!  anyway, my kids didn`t have the oily hair that bad.  I actually used baby oil daily on there hair to keep the scalp good and healthy hair as well.  good luck!

1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 2:03 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Well my son had/ has a full head of dark hair and it really wasnt oily. I washed it every 2 days and it was just fine.
    Jenn8604

Answer by Jenn8604 at 8:54 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Oh wow, I never even thought about it, but yeah, my daughter's hair is really oily : /

I'm not giving her a real bath until her cord stump falls off though, it's just wet wipes until then. Maybe her hair will go back to normal after the first bath.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:46 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• my sons is still like that and he is 8 weeks old
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 9, 2009