Do you ever?

It used to drive me nuts to hear the phone ring and NOT pick it up to see who it was. Things are so different now! I can ignore the ringing phone really well. I just go through spurts where I really don't want to talk to anyone. Does anyone else get in these sort of "reclusive" moods?

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• I tell my daughter that I would never answer the phone if it weren't for caller ID! lol with my separate rings for different people I don't even have to look most of the time. I'm getting that way with the doorbell too!
    allord

Answer by allord at 10:18 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Yes. I don't even want to have a landline but hubby insists. I've even left it off the hook for days. Anyone I want to talk to has my cell. But I get sick of my cell too so a lot of times I just put it away. If the whole family is home I don't really need it anyway:)
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 10:18 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Yea, Mostly in the early morning! I hate to hear it ring and hope it doesn't wake up the kids so I can get just a few more minutes of sleep! lol
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 10:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• My problem is the ring tones are songs, and my old brain just dosnt register that the music that is suddenly playing is my phone ringing. LOL But I wouldnt answer the phone at times either if it were not for caller ID.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:31 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Lots of times I cut the ringer off at night. I know that I probably shouldn't in case there was an accident or some emergency in my family, but I hate it when some people call early in the morning. Sometimes it is a friend that calls in the morning or some 800 #. And I love the caller id. I love screening my calls. I will go one step further, sometimes I won't even answer the door if someone comes over without letting me know first.
    tammy_toons

Answer by tammy_toons at 10:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Yes, I do this too. Sometimes I just don't want to be "found." Sometimes I'm busy, and sometimes I don't have the desire to talk to that person on the other end.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 10:41 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• nothing wrong with that...who wants to be able to be reached 100% of the time. Gotta relax and cut yourself off from the world for a tad.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Yes, I get tired of the bloodbank calling. I'll get there!! I promise... now leave me alone! Anyone who I want to talk to can get me on my cell if they need me. Luckily, I don't get a ton of annoying phone calls. Sometimes I just take a drive and leave my phone at home. My fiance hates when I do that, but I have to clear my head!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:38 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I am on the phone alot for work so I need to be able to be off the phone as well. I do always get back to the people. Oh, I don't always listen to my messages though which people find real annoying.
    cappyd

Answer by cappyd at 11:43 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I never answer the phone unless I know who it is. Thank goodness for caller id right? I'm very much the recluse. I get mad if someone calls my house or knocks on my door after 8pm, unless I am expecting it. I was never the chatty girl, I guess I wasn't normal then right? I always hated talking on the phone and still am. I am shocked if I'm on the phone for more than a couple of minutes. I'm happy they came out with text messaging!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2008