would you talk to him if he asked you for a DNA test?

I never asked my son's father 4 anything. I didn't even bother to phone him when I went into labor. So I called him before New Years just to say this is what you walked out on n' I gave birth to this beautiful baby boy. So he wanted to take photos n' ask all these questions. I told him he should've been there, then like a week later he asks for a fu___ DNA test. I took the test 'n told him what are you gonna have after that? A piece of paper? Like he's not comin around, I don't want anything from you. I asked him how do you start the conversation AFTER doing something like that?? Get this, his reason is I wasn't "puttin" the pregnancy in his face like all other females do the guys. Can you believe this as___ or what? I told him I'm not gonna apologize for being an independent female nor a mother puttin my kid 1st. I was to cry n' be depressed over him. I wasn't gonna miscarry you know cause I've one b4 who is this guy??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• he sounds like an a--. i wouldnt have even tried to talk to him again. it's his loss you know?
    not every lady who gets pregnant is gonna keep putting it in their SO face. in my opinion you should just cut ties with him. what goes around comes around.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i would talk to him if he wanted to be a part of the childs life, its not fair to your son otherwise. if he doesnt want to talk to you then disolve his parental rights
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:30 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i would sock him with child support
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I would have to agree with both of the previous answers. I think it is great that you got the test because now you don't have to hear the drama of I don't know if it's mine...and now he has no excuse not to be a father except that he is a deadbeat.
    torilee_03

Answer by torilee_03 at 12:41 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• child support is good.
    get him good!
    if my dh would of done that i would of laughed at him i mean look at our son!!! lol
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 12:45 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• get him for child support. but you kind of brought it upon yourself by calling him in the first place if you don't want him around. if he wants to step up and be a father you need to let him. its like that saying that women become mothers when they get pregnant, men come fathers when they first see/hold their child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• One third of men in this country are unknowingl paying child support for or raising children who aren't theirs biologically. I think it's a reasonable request, especially as it doesn't sound like you're particularly close or know each other particularly well.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:15 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Well I don't blame him for asking for a DNA test.  In these days and times it isn't fair for a man to pay child support for a child that isn't his.  BUT once the test came back, I'd do the child support thing as well. But there is no need to be evil or rude about it after all you are NOT selling your son.  He has the right to see his child if he is the father.  I can understand you being upset or mad especially if you are honest and not a cheater.  But don't let it get to you, if you know there is NO doubt take it and end the headache. Good luck!

1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 2:00 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I'm sorry, I was thinking like the last two posts. I think it is reasonable for him to ask for the test, especially if you two don't have a relationship. It's smart to be sure.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 2:33 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Sounds like a smart guy to ask for a DNA test before getting involved with an "independent woman".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:11 AM on Jan. 9, 2009