toddler pooping problem....

Does anyone else's toddler seem to poop in the bathtub ALL THE TIME?! If my son gets a bath every day for a week I probably clean and disinfect my bathtub 4 of 7 days. It doesn't matter what time I bath him or how long I wait after he eats. He could have just gone poop in his diaper and as soon as he is in the water 5 minutes he is pooping again. Does anyone else have this problem? Any advice moms? I tried everything I could think of already!!

LOVE2bMOMMY525

Asked by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 12:28 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• put lil swimmers on him til the end of his bath, and if he poops change him put him back in the bath and clean his booty
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:53 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• my son poops in the bathtub too... not every time though. i guess the water relaxes him a little too much. it's gross and i have to disinfect the bathtub AND all his bath toys. i dont know what can be done to prevent them from doing it, let me know if you find something!
    xxprittykittyxx

Answer by xxprittykittyxx at 12:32 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Water does relax the muscles so maybe that's the issue. Try taking him in the bathroom and while you are filling the tub put his hand in the running bath water with his diaper still on. That should relax his muscle before and then he goes before getting put in the tub. Or try wetting a washcloth with the water and putting it on his back that way he is already sort of adjusted to the water before you put him in. Hope it works.
    111707Mama

Answer by 111707Mama at 1:06 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Never.
    But mine was out of a diaper by 18 months.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 2:36 AM on Jan. 9, 2009