Do you try to buy American when it comes to the foods you

consume?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• BUY LOCAL
    IF YOU CAN
    SUPPORT YOUR NEIGHBOR
    NOT THE MAN!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:07 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• If the food companies were required to state where the food comes from, it would be easier. I won't buy stuff that is knowingly coming from China--candies, juicy juice, apple juice concentrate, garlic powder. So, for the most part I try to buy American foods. I don't understand why our country can't make its own apple juice. We do have apple orchards o'plenty!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Most friuit is labeled where it was grown. We always try to buy US grown if possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I guess I never thought about it or looked to see wher stuff was made/grown! Makes one think though!!
    katmills0884

Answer by katmills0884 at 12:44 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• YES
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 1:29 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Agree w/12:38 and 1:07; local is the best way, but history proves that commerce began w/trade between other lands for their "endemic"? goods. I believe that is the ONLY thing we should be trading en masse, other than say special inventions. Otherwise, our country screwed up by inventing all this crap and now everyone else is selling it to us. Does anyone get that? Thats how we have lost and its not any country or people that screwed us, it's our Gov't who allowed this, and those Gov'ts are just maximizing their potential.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Juicy Juice comes from china? CRAP!
    Yes we go to the local farmers directly for our fruits and veggies when they are open.
    Local produce is fresher and healthier, and local honey works miracles for allergies. Never checked out the juice boxes tho. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:58 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Yes. I do that because I know the regulations governing the production of food here. There are pesticides used in foods from elsewhere that are banned in the USA. We don't always know what is being used to grow it either.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 6:28 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• You can blame environmentalists for us not being able to grow crops for our OWN country.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Yes, Juicy Juice comes from China!! I saw a pallet of it at the commissary and "Product of China" was printed on the box. I will use the farmer's market when possible because I think the vegetables and fruits taste better. Plus I know the distance from field to market isn't halfway across the world.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:59 AM on Jan. 9, 2009