Do you buy American products with pride to keep your

fellow countrymen working or do you buy foreign because of price?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I buy American. I'd much rather buy something that costs a bit more and support capitalism in our country.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 12:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I guess(although not proud to say this) I buy what's cheap!! Can't say where it was made ever made me reconsider a purchase!!
    katmills0884

Answer by katmills0884 at 12:42 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Honestly, if its recurring purchase I would buy american. If its a large one time purchase I would buy best deal, if it's American I would spend few bucks more but not a ton more just to pay for outrageous wages (I'm well aware that some companies w/unions and even not overpay per benefits and fleece gov't or taxpayers by doing so). But lets face it, how on earth are we supposed to buy American when the marketplace has been inundated with Foreign. Our Gov't trade policies have screwed us over, and I'm sure those individuals doing it have benefited personally. Our politicians ARE Lobbyists themselves, why else would they do this to the American people. Self-indulgent. Most people I meet are the same way so unfortunately, we're doomed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• It's been so long since I have made any real purchases besides groceries that I couldn't tell you. We buy local as much as possible, but honestly for things like tp I don't even look. I buy the special with the double coupon or the store brand, Whichever is cheapest.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:53 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I buy the best value. I consider price and quality.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 6:26 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I bought a Toyota that was made in the US. I bought it because it is reliable and gets good gas mileage.

My old GM car kept lots of people in business, namely the repair shops, the auto parts store, and the gas station. If Americans can make a good quality product, I'll buy it.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:21 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• In Wal-Mart I have noticed some little sings that say GO TEXAS (I live in Texas). I have been buying the Go Texas stuff even thought its a little more expensive. Figure why not keep spend a little more to help out some local business. It may be a small part, but anything can help. But for the most part its hard to find American made things. I mean nearly all my cloths say made in China. I would bet that nearly 90% of my home has a Made In China stamp on it somewhere. To may American company's are moving to other countries because the work force is cheaper, and they can make a bigger profit.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 12:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i try hard to, esp. clothing.. but it is so hard to find things these days that are made in the USA. of course with gorceries, i buy what ever is cheapest or i can get with coupons (of course i buy mostly from the outside isles... so where ever it comes from) during the spring and summer, i am trying to buy as much local grown produce as possible.
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2009