Why are they billing me?

Not sure where to post,but here goes. I have medicare though the social security office. I also have medicaid to pay my premiums. I get a bill in the mail today. The billing date is 02/01/2009 to 04/30/2009 for almost $600.00 to pay for my premiums, and it is due the 25th of this month.Hopefully my medicaid just has not got to them yet. WTH are they billing me for? And on top of that they dont give me much time to get the money up. I just dont understand. Hopefully it is just a honest mistake, and i wont lose my coverage. I'm calling tomorrow to see what i can find out, but wanted to see if i can get any ideas tonight.

BIMOM21

Asked by BIMOM21 at 12:30 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• See i have to call the social security office about it. They are billing me for 3 months that have not gotten here yet. It isnt my doctor who is billing me, thats where i am confused about it.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 12:38 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• This happens to me a lot. I call the billing office of my doctor and tell them to send it to medicaid.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 12:34 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I would call the social security office. Their computer system might have messed up.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 12:40 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• make an appointment with your SS office and be sure to bring the bill in... make a copy for yourself as well to keep on hand, but this way they can file it and either take care of it, or tell you what went wrong.. just make sure to get it all written down. Once it's settle there... call your doctors office and let them know the outcome so they have a heads up as well.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• They usually bill in advance, a lot bill quarterly, which would be the 3 months. It may be, with the holidays, that medicaid simply hasn't gotten to it yet, and b/c it is for your health coverage, they are sending you a bill to kind of say, "hey, if medicaid doesn't pay, here's what you owe to keep your coverage." Call them to make sure, but that would be my best guess.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:42 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• In my 15 years on Medicaid/Medicare I have never once gotten a bill for my Medicare premiums, I do know that I got a letter stating that my benefits changed due to the fact that I got the 5.2% COLA (cost of living allowance increase) it sucks, they give you $60 so you can finally manage to pay your bills and then they decrease your benefits. Can't' win for trying!! My Food Stamps went from $465 to $279 too, someone explain to me how you feed 3 people a month on that when you can barely pay your bills on what you get in income????? Oh yeah, they don't care about car payments or insurance or anything else important. I'd love to see some of those people live on what I scrape by on and still make the ends meet. Sorry, just a little frustrated here!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• OMG! How annoying? Its a pain, isn't it. They forgot to bill Medicaid. I've gotten so many bills because the doctor or billing office didn't bill my insurance. Call the billing and tell them you have medicaid to supplement the premium.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 8:08 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I called and they said that the state forgot to verify with Soc. Sec. that i have insurance to pay my premiums, but thankfully i got it all fixed.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2009