so then

If someone does alot of bad things like not love the neighber or kill people or so on if they are bad but they believe that jesus died on the cross do they go to heaven?

I really want to know what christianity says cause my OPION christianity say that is all you have to do is enter heaven
believe jesus died on the cross ( sound like a very easy religion)
do you have to do anything esle?????
not trying to start a fight or get anyone mad just want to know

muslimmom

Asked by muslimmom at 10:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well you have to be sorry for those things (TRULY SORRY) and ask for forgiveness before you're forgiven.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Then why dont you go and read a christian bible if you REALLY want to know?  EVERY Christian out here has a different opinion on almost EVERY aspect of the Bible!  I think your not happy with your own "new" faith"
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:28 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Well said vbruno! muslimmom, I see that you joined the religious debate group. There's a really good discussion going on in there about Islam, women in Islam and honor killings. Alas, you haven't posted to anything in that group thread but you continue to post things here. Since you're a recent convert you should be in a period of study and reflection. Aren't you wasting your time asking questions about a religion you don't agree with? Go forth and learn about the prophet.
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 10:41 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I have been studing islam for 5 years and have been muslim for 2 I know alot there is always more to learn. I never said recent convert i said convert I study alot
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 10:45 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Ack, you're buggin' but I'll try to help you out. Christianity, the New Testament says that you can be forgiven if you truly repent and have remorse and ask God for forgiveness. If you truly believe. God is not going to forgive someone who is just committing crimes then relying on good ol' forgiveness. I think you have the Catholic version of the religion... just kidding catholics! The New Testament is where Jesus died for our sins because he loved us that much and understood our nature..he wanted a way for all to be with God. That's the really short version. Now if you think about it.. if there was no forgiveness most of us would walk with the Devil, go to hell, and the Devil would take over. There is Judgement Day and all of us will be accountable. The relationship is one of say, a child. you love your child through right and wrong but you don't condone bad behavior. just my thoughts.
    Anonymous

• Someone who has accepted Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior will be indwelled with the Holy Spirit, who then will convict them of those bad things they are doing. In turn that person will want to confess and repent of those bad things (repent means to turn away).

Being a follower of Christ is not a free pass to then do whatever you want. They will still face punishment and consequences for their actions and need to ask forgiveness of them. But they will not lose their salvation for doing something wrong.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 11:52 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Excellent question. No, you don't just have to believe.
    James 2:14a,17-19
    "14What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? 17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
    18But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds."
    Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.

19You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder."

For a long time I thought I was Christian because I believed that Jesus, the son of God, came to Earth, died and was raised again. My favorite part of the above verse is verse 19. Demons know that Jesus is God, that doesn't mean they're saved.
    jollymommy

Answer by jollymommy at 3:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2008