Babies schedule is all messed up

My son has always been on a really good schedule but we recently drove 6 hours away to visit my boyfriends family and it seems like evver since we got back the baby's schedule is all turned around. Instead of sleeping at night he will keep me up till 4am and want to sleep till 3 or 4pm - how can I reverse this?

InfectiousSmile

Asked by InfectiousSmile at 12:35 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How did you get him on his other schedule?

I think you just need to slowly turn it around. Keep the house light and active during the day, dark and quiet at night. Try a bath before the time you WANT bedtime to be, and stay cozy after that: no running around or playing. It'll probably take a little while, but eventually you should be closer to what you want for time.

Keep in mind that babies aren't known for being good sleepers or easy to work with, so try not to get too frustrated. My son has recently changed his schedule around as well (I must have missed the memo), but I know I've been lucky to have had it as easy as I did, so it doesn't really bug me.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:04 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I am going through the same exact, dd just went to bed . . . her schedule is all screwed up from Christmas.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:50 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Yeah, we're having the same issues with my son. Going to bed at 4 am and not getting up until 2 in the afternoon. Luckily, I'm a SAHM and can generally just go with the flow on his schedule, so I don't need to be in a hurry to fix it or anything.

Good luck. I would definitely try doing it gradually, maybe wake him up an hour earlier/put him to bed an hour earlier each day and see if that helps. If it just makes him overtired, do 30 minute incriments instead.
    ReekaJean

Answer by ReekaJean at 3:59 AM on Jan. 9, 2009