Carpal Tunnel??

Ok anyone else have this: I have always slept on my sides (left right it doesnt matter). I dont wake up in the middle of the night to pee, but I wake up to switch sides every night, like 10 times a night because my wrist and hand will be numb. Sometimes it's not even the side im sleeping on, its the opposite side that falls asleep. It doesnt hurt its just so annoying... anyone know what it is? I plan to bring it up to my DR on tuesday... Its been going on for about 3 weeks

blondie09

Asked by blondie09 at 12:38 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's very common for women to develop carpal tunnel while pregnant, so it very well could be that. Thankfully, it will most likely go away shortly after baby is born. Definitely worth mentioning to the doctor, but I wouldn't be too concerned.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:40 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Thanks, im not concerned per say, its just so annoying to wake up and have to shake the feeling outta my hand a million times lol
    blondie09

Answer by blondie09 at 12:44 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I had it my whole pregnancy, my hands were numb all the time . . it took a couple of months to go away after I had dd.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:48 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Even if it's not carpal tunnel, it may just be circulation. You've got so much more blood trying to flow through you but your body is already hard at work on another project...it might just not be getting to your hands so well while you're laying down.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:10 AM on Jan. 9, 2009