for those who have miscarried??

what was the cause if you know?? blighted ovum, chemical pregnancy, molar?? did you have an ultrasound before you had one??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was working at a dry cleaners at the time and the doctor thinks it might have been from the chemicals. I didn't have a chance for an ultrasound.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 12:42 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• It was a chemical pregnancy. The doctor said he couldnt determine a cause & that I wasnt more likely to have it happen in the future. Sometimes it just happens.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Abdominal trauma in my second miscarriage, my first was somehwhat of a mystery, I have rh negative blood, and my doctor thought that perhaps some of babies blood somehow seeped in to my system and my white blood cells attacked it as foreign, but they are not for sure about that. My third pregnancy loss was an ectopic pregnancy, not a miscarriage. I did not have an ultrasound before any of these lost pregnancies, only after the fact to look for "products of conception" in my uterus. A lot of miscarriages are a complete mystery, and it often means that the embryo had a defect, or just was not ready. : / It's very tragic when they happen, however I take mine as a cue that my body just wasn't ready.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 1:04 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I have had 2 and have no idea. They think the first was a blighted ovum but was unable to confirm because my doctor didn't want to put me through the trauma of an exam (I was 17).
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:59 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I had a molar pregnancy. I'm fairly certain that those are only diagnosed via ultrasound. The body does not naturally miscarry a molar pregnancy. It was scary, scary times and it was almost 10 years ago.
    eastonbennett

Answer by eastonbennett at 8:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I think mine was called the blighted ovum, I didnt find out I was pregnant till I was 8 weeks and I went for an ulta sound and there was no baby.....so I went like this....Not knowing anything of what was going on, I just knew they kept taking blood every other day and I had like 5 ultra sounds and finaliy at 12 weeks he sat me down and told me I had a miscarriage. It was really hard.
    ToberzMama

Answer by ToberzMama at 10:02 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I was 3 months pregnant when I started to spot, lightly. I went to the hospital. They did a US and found that the heart was beating at a slower rate than usual. They told me I would most likely micccarry. I had to go to the Dr. the next week. US gave same result. The week after that, no heartbeat. I had a D&C done b/c my body wouldn't naturaly miscarry. The Dr had no idea what caused it. He just said many women miscarry atleast once w/o a known cause.

Lil_Mom_Of_3

Answer by Lil_Mom_Of_3 at 10:25 AM on Jan. 9, 2009