Kids and college

I already got signed up and accepted to college in june but i am having second thoughts. I have 2 boys one is a yr old and the other is 2. My husband is the only one working and is making decent money but i dont know if it will be enough for daycare. But the tuition cost it going up to a point i know we wont b able to afford if i ever want to go into cosmotology again. Its only for 8 months but I distancing myself from my kids, thats going to be hard to do plus i would barley see my husband at all. And we already tried to do the whole i do days he does nights and we see eachother on the weekend and we almost went into a divorce.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• i would go for it, but then again im in college and i have a 9 month old so i know its doable (when you have family who will watch the kids)
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:48 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• does your college have a day care?? its only for 8 months and think of it this way..it's bettering your life, you'll be better off financially in the long run..i think you should sit down and have a good talk with your husband since things were or are already on the rocks. make the decision thats best for your family.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:57 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• and look into financial aid
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:58 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• 8 months isnt long, yo uhave to weigh the pros and cons of the LONG run, see if someone can watch your kids in return for favors/ at home sitters are cheaper than day care and usually better (IMO) do what you want but chose what is best for the whole fam in the long run...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:01 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I agree, it is short term and the benefits last forever. It will allow you to provide a better life for your family. If you are thinking you might not be able to handle it, try something online...it obviously wouldn't be cosmetology, but it wouldn't take away from your time with your husband and you don't need daycare. I'm working all the way through my masters degree online and my education started helping my family after only 2 years when I was able to start substitute teaching because of my credits. That can't be taken away from me.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:17 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• idk I am jaded. I could not fnd a job after I went to school and now I am $14000. in debt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2009