• In the Spotlight:

How can I get my child to drink milk?

I've tried a little sugar, but that didn't work. Help

111707Mama

Asked by 111707Mama at 12:46 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I buy favor syrup to put in the milk and then my children start to drink milk.
    Jad30

Answer by Jad30 at 12:53 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Why start? Milk is as bad as smoking when it comes to health affects. Have them drink water and get their calcium from a different source. Milk has pus in it. Do the research and then ask if you want them drinking milk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I have done some research and found that the claimed pus are somatic cells simply a sort of body cell that would naturally occur in any sort of lactation. Also that the teets are clean and sanitized before being milk, and if a cow is sick or on medication the milk taken is from them is thrown away. Children drinking milk is a good thing, however I don't know how to get your child to drink it. All I can say is try, try, try.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• You don't need to get your child to drink milk...it is definitely not a necessity. There are plenty of other sources of calcium. If you are determined, you can try making chocolate or strawberry milk. You can also blend it with frozen fruit or flavored syrup and ice to make it like a smoothie or milkshake. Or you can just accept that the child doesn't care for milk, and not force the issue. I have never liked milk as a beverage, and it's never been a problem. I just had a bone density test and was told my bones are all very healthy!
    The only creature on earth that should be drinking cow's milk, is a baby cow. Try almond milk...much more nutritious!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:55 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• MY DEAR HAVEN'T YOU SAW THOSE COMMERCIALS OF MILK, THE MILK IS GREAT FOR A CHILD, MY GRANDSON TO DRINK MILK IT HAS TO HAVE THE NESTLES STRAWBERRY OR CHOCOLATE IN IT, THE KIDS NEED THE MILK, PLEASE GIVE YOUR CHILD MILK ESPECIALLY WITH MEALS, WHETHER CHOCOLATE OR STRAWBERRY, SUGAR IS BAD, BAD FOR YOUR KID
    c.barbara

Answer by c.barbara at 10:32 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I bought some sugar free coffee flavoring syrups and add some of that. My kids love the caramel. You only need a little bit so it lasts a long time.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 12:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• The question was HOW and I myself donot like milk unless I add some ice cream and mix..... This will work I know ..
    superbob

Answer by superbob at 1:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I wonder how many of those who say not to give your child milk gave their own children formula.
    Anonymous

• She didn't ask for anyones opinions on milk! Gosh, some people will find anything to debate about just to start crap. Her question was how to encourage her kid to drink it, pretty simple question!! Obviously she WANTS her child to have milk, so why waste your time debating it?? Good Lord Ladies!
    I suggest chocolate or strawberry flavoring. You can also make milkshakes, with some ice cream and milk and flavoring. That's a great way to get kids to drink milk. GOODLUCK.
    Anonymous

• Try adding food coloring - makes it fun!
    Serve it with foods it goes well with at first - pbj, cookies, milk
    Just set it at their meal at dinner and leave that for them to drink - if that's all that there is they'll probably drink it

Anonymous