36ish weeks - trickling water could it be broken?

im freaking out my husband is at work i went p and it stopped but i felt a trickling and it really didnt feel like when you p so im unsure if this is really happening - i tryed laying down to repossition her and got a little wet i cant tell if im peeing my pants or if im trickling out my water - id have to call in my husband from work to go to the doc so i really need to kno if this is it - im having 'contractions' i think but they feel really light and only seem so come when im in the middle of standing up

leapyear

Asked by leapyear at 1:12 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• call the labor and delivery room and talk to a nurse... i thought my water broke and when i called they said that if it broke it would still be trickling which it wasnt, but since yours is you should call
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:14 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Try putting a pad on, lay down a bit, and then smell the pad - if it smells like ammonia (urine) its not amniotic fluid. It's always better to be safe then sorry, they have a wonderful little swab test they can do that tells them right away. Good luck Momma!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 1:19 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• oh i would if i only knew the damned number!! but im going to hang tight till anything else happens i think
    leapyear

Answer by leapyear at 1:19 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Don't be in a huge rush to go to the hospital. Call your on-call doc and tell them what you experienced...they will tell you what to do
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• if you call the number that you call to schedule appointments it should have the number you need to call or call the hospital you will be delivering and ask them for the number

MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 1:27 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I would call the Dr.......?
    iheartkewi

Answer by iheartkewi at 2:20 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• so the same thing happend to me so i called my doc he said to come in i got checked and it was a slow leak he told me to come in and he induced my labor because i was not in labor at all but i was leaking water
    seattlemom4-5

Answer by seattlemom4-5 at 2:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2009