Should I atleast respond?

Last night I finally told him that it was over. I have been ignoring since Monday after a discussion that I had with him on Sunday... he was very rude to me that day and shut my son and I out of his day because he didn't bother making plans with us and it is always inconvenient for him to be here with us unless HE wants to. We have been together for a year and I feel that we have not went anywhere in our relationship. He wrote me this tonight, there was 2 e-mails and 1 msg. on facebook...

"No contact from you today?

I was hoping to get some kind of response.

Well, I just wanted to say I love you and I miss you.

I sent this in an email but you are probably too busy for me. I guess as long as you get it and know how I feel, its OK. I guess its whenever you want to contact me now.

Bye Bye"

Should I respond because I really do love him but I am done or should I just ignore him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd let him stew. IF he's truly caring and wants you back he will make more than a tiny half hearted effort. Think about your son. Just because you're in love with someone doesn't mean you should be with them.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:33 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• respond! Dont lose someone you love over nonsence
    Flat out tell him, say hey listen. we have been together for a YEAR. its time we take one step forward or get the hell out!
    and if that doesnt do the trick, then he wasnt the right fish ;)
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 1:35 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• GrenEyedGrandma. I am sorry I COMPLETLY DISAGREE with you . Love can make you crazy. You need to be with the one you are inlove with...Or be inlove with the one you are with. Whats the point otherwise
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 1:36 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• No! I don't think you should respond. If you do, then you breaking it off with him has absolutely no weight at all. If you really want to get what you want, then you have to be willing to let go of what you are "settling" for. Him saying he loves you is not enough. Showing his love is what you need to see.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:41 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I broke up with him though... do you think that will work for my situation... he is a needy person and isn't the type who will go out of his way for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• ready to rage...so a child who loves the father who abuses him when he drinks should be with that father? A woman who is verbally, physically or emotionally abused by a man should stay with him simply by virtue of loving him? Love doesn't solve all your problems. In fact it makes more issues to deal with. Being in love with somone is an incredible feeling...but it isn't always what is BEST for us. Adults have to be able to weigh their heart and their brain together to find the best choices. Anytime you make a decison with only one you risk making the wrong choice.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:42 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Readytorage, greeneyedgrandma's answer made perfect sense to me. You should read it again. I agree with what she said. Love is not everything. You have to love "yourself" more.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:46 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Well, he just called and I ignored it. He left a msg saying that he wanted to talk and thought that he would give it a shot and that he loves me. I feel so bad but I don't want him to think that I am not serious because usually I do go back to him as soon as I hear from him again. He told me that when I say it's done, he knows that it is not true because I always go back to him and now when I say it, he doesn't believe it to be true.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Let him go. If you take him back, you might as well stop complaining about his behavior and just live with it. You deserve better. And you won't get better if you settle for less. I know it hurts now, but you have to be strong. I'm not saying you two will never get back together. But you have to make him earn all that love you are giving him.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 2:12 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Thank you cuddlek... :)

Did I mention I work with him...makes it a lot harder to have to see the one I love but can't be with, everyday. I think I will give it awhile before I respond to anything from him and let him know that I am serious (easier said then done). I hope that I am strong enough to not respond.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Jan. 9, 2009