What bottles are best for breastfeeding babies and the pump?

I am in search of good bottles that I can use for nursing. I plan on nursing more then bottle feeding, but what bottles could I use for the pump? Dr. Browns? Or could I use the disposable laytex bottles where u purchase the bottle liners those are the ones I want to use since my mother did for my brother and I.

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 1:40 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When I was nursing and bottle feeding I used the Breastflow bottles by The First Years
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:41 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• We use Breastflow bottles also.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:01 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• It depends on what kind of pump you have. Most pumps come with bottles to pump into. For example, I have a double electric Lansinoh pump that came with storage bottles, but for feeding I use Playtex Ventiare.

It depends on what you're going to be using the bottles for. If a caregiver is going to be giving them while you're away, I would suggest using milk storage bags to freeze the milk, because it's much much easier to heat up than if it is in a bottle.

The Ventiaire Wide bottles are great.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 2:33 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• We used the breastflow bottles for the first 3 months and then switched to the Playtex Dropin Natural nursers (the wide ones).

With the dropins, you can use the bag that you store the milk in as a liner so you don't have to transfer the milk.

The breastflow bottles are great at the beginning because they require proper latch and suction in order for the baby to feed, so there is a much lower chance of nipple confusion. :)
    ReekaJean

Answer by ReekaJean at 3:57 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• playtex drop-ins and green to grow bottles (http://www.greentogrow.com/)
    they are both BPA free bottles :]
    InfectiousSmile

Answer by InfectiousSmile at 5:56 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I have the medela breast pump and the bottles that come with it. Its great and then I just put the milk into any bottle, but my son will only use the soothie bottles.
    Jenn8604

Answer by Jenn8604 at 8:49 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I use the NUK air system bottles and I love them! they are shaped like a breast and they are made to reduce air also. I have to use dr. browns for the baby i nanny and i hate them! they leak and they are harder to wash
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 10:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2009