what was the funniest thing your child did on his first year of school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Funny, yet sad was that he just looked over his shoulder and said "Bye mom"! While I was sad leaving him there, he was like, later! There were other kids crying for their mommies. Now I thank God he is independant!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I remember my oldest daughter's first day of kindergarten like it was yesterday.
    Sylvia (my dd) asked to go to the bathroom. Her teacher showed her where they were and told her to go right back to class and then the teacher returned back to class herself. A while later she realized that Sylvia had been gone longer than need be and she got worried so she went looking for her, but couldn't find her. They closed down the whole school (locked doors - no one in or out kind of thing) so that all available adults could find a missing child.
    (continued)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:38 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• (continued)
    Finally, someone found her.
    She was sitting outside on the front steps of the school just enjoying the nice weather, as she says. Sylvia told me she looked out the window of the front door, saw a butterfly outside, and decided to go out and sit down to watch it.
    From then on they had stricter policies about allowing children go out of the classroom on their own and Sylvia was then known as the caring nature girl...lol.
    PrydferthMenyw