okay DONT HATE ME BUT I HAVE TO SAY THIS

I know alot of yall are going to be upset when i say this but ... oh well
Does anyone elce feel like The Womans equal rights should never have happened? I mean I would be just perfectly happy cooking and cleaning and taking care of this kids and NOT feeling bad for be a stay at home mom becuase the "normal" is a working woman!
Why cant we just play our role, and let them bring in the dough

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• well, where you see it as "your role" to do all the house work, taking care of the kids, cooking, etc. other women see it as both partners' roles to do those things equally. Does it affect you that another mom works while you stay at home? no it does not so don't complain about it. If a mom wants to work, she can, that's her freedom to do so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• oh girl, you opened pandoras box! lol i dont hate you, i can totally see your view. i can see both views to an extent. but i do lean more to your side of things. brace yourself, girl. your fixing to get it!
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 1:46 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• you can if that is how it works out for you and your family. thats great! but for the women that do want to work its good the woman's equal rights occurred so that we can CHOOSE to either stay at home or go to work out of the house.
    dont feel bad though and dont let anyone tell you staying at home working isnt a job, its a damn hard job.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Do WHAT? Are you serious....LOL
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:49 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• annon.
    i never said it bothered me that women work i am saying why cant it be okay to NOT work too?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Girlfriend what are you trying to start? LOL Me personally, I feel that each woman is an individual and have their own gifts and talents. Some women are called into leadership, administration, teaching, helps, motherhood, etc. If your gift is being a mother to your children and other children God may send to you; I think that is a very high calling and gift. But that may not be for every woman. IMO
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 1:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I could never be happy staying at home with kids, I'm really intelligent and need a challenge. Kids don't do it for me. Don't hate me for saying that. But because of women's rights I can choose to get my degree and find an amazing job doing something I love :) I love my kids, but holy crap do they get on my nerves!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:52 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• To be honest yes. Because this is the fact: I do everything. I cook, clean, teach my kids, handle the finances, take care of all medical needs, including taking care of sick kids handling all appointments and decisions. I do this AND I work AND I have chronic illness.
    Not only do I work outside the home..my husband and society EXPECT me to work outside of the home.
    What really bothers me is that I am damned if I do and damned if I don't. If I don't work, I am not supporting our gender and rights. If I do work, I am not good enough for my stay at home homeschooling friends. I think women are mean, cruel non supportive individuals to each other and I am so tired of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• the sentence "Why cant we just play our role, and let them bring in the dough" indicates you think that all women should stay home while all men work. To say that the womens' rights movement should never have happened tells me you think that way too. YOU have the right to stay home. other moms have the right to work. you are suggesting that women should not have the right to work.
    Anonymous

• What ever your gift and calling is as a woman you should do it. The bible says your gift will make room for you.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 1:54 AM on Jan. 9, 2009