How much longer????

Im 3cm dilated and I haven't been able to sleep in a few months, the past 2 nights, the pain in my back and my lower stomach has been keeping me up. I dont know what to do. I go walking every day to help me dilate, but I dont feel like the baby will ever come. The pain is getting worse everyday, does that mean it'll be soon? How long do you usually stay 3-4cm???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was at 3 cm for 3 weeks..your back pain Can be contractions..if you're getting worried, call L&D and ask their advice
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:22 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• it depends on the person and the baby. some people stay that way for a LONNGG time and some go through labor very quickly it just varies i suppose.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I stayed 4 cm for about 3 weeks. So that doesn't really mean anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• It means nothing. Keep doing what you're doing, but stop allowing doctors to cop a feel.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 2:25 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• based on the pain you described, it sounds like baby is head down but facing up instead of facing your back. get on your hands and knees and just rock back and forth for as long as you can to try to get baby to rotate to face your back. When baby's head is facing up instead of back, the hard part of the head is on your tail bone causing the back pain you are having. Generally once baby gets in the correct facing up position, things move quicker.

HTH! good luck and best wishes sweetie!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Jan. 9, 2009