What branch of military to join?

I spent 5 years in the Army and am now attending college. I have decided to go back into the military when I graduate and become a Dietitian. I can choose between the Army, Air Force or Navy because they all have Dietitians, but I just don't know what branch to choose. My MOS in the Army was not medically related at all, so I'm not familiar with the medical community at all. Anyone with experience in any medical MOS in the military your advice would be appreciated.

hillary819

Asked by hillary819 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 28, 2011 in Military

• I don't really have much to help you, but I know DH is in the Air force, and I can tell you, they do not deploy anywhere near as often or as long as army or a few other branches.
    momdays

Answer by momdays at 11:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2011

• Air Force
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:06 PM on Nov. 28, 2011

• I suggest the Air Force (I am biased) DH and I are both in the AF. I am medical, in the AF is an AFSC (same thing as MOS) I am a medical technician (4NO51) and I like it, I am in the guard, but I wish I would have gone active duty. I can't go active duty anymore because DH and I have kids and they won't let me go active unless he is not active.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 11:06 PM on Nov. 28, 2011

• AF4life, it sucks they won't let you go active duty. They wouldn't let DH go active duty for a different reason. He was active duty, but got out and went guard and tried to go active again. But they said the air force wasn't accepting re-enlistments. Its awful for him. He really want to be active again
    momdays

Answer by momdays at 11:11 PM on Nov. 28, 2011

• Yeah, the just changed that whole rule when I tried, you used to be able to join even if you had kids and a spouse that was active duty, but they now consider it a hardship on the military.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 11:35 PM on Nov. 28, 2011

• I'm retired Army and loved my tenure with them but when my son joined the military I convinced him to join the Air Force. I feel you'll excel faster and have alot better duty stations than the Army, imo.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:49 PM on Nov. 28, 2011

• Air Force, also biased. No better branch.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 11:49 PM on Nov. 28, 2011

• Air Force all the way!
    mrs.cta1217

Answer by mrs.cta1217 at 12:06 AM on Nov. 29, 2011

• Having had family in all the branches... Air Force, hands down.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:06 AM on Nov. 29, 2011

• I hate to break it to you but no one is letting in any prior service now. You should have stuck it out.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 1:09 AM on Dec. 10, 2011