Can I be pregnant even though I'm getting what looks like to my period?

So I've been trying to get pregnant the past 2 months. BUT...I've gotten what seems like my period. Although they were very delayed and all my periods didn't last long and were very light. I'm a very very regular girl when it comes to my menstrual cycle, and being inconsistent with my period such as the decreased time duration and lightness (which i never had in my life). So I've taken home pregnancy tests which comes up negative, but I still have most of the symptoms with the exception of throwing up (but i wanted to) and an actual missed period. I've been seeing myself getting bigger on my stomach and feeling what seems to me is like moving about (and not from my own stomach) so I'm not sure if I should go to the doctor to get some actual blood work done just to make sure. So I guess what I'm asking is should I go to the doctor's office or should I blow it off?

kittycatnat45

Asked by kittycatnat45 at 2:14 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• First off, the "moving about" is most likely gas - if you are pregnant, it's rare to feel movement before 15 weeks. Also, a lot of women continue to get their period into or through a pregnancy. My advice is go get a blood test, even an ultrasound if you have to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• if you think you are pregnant yeah get blood work done. but i think its way to early if you were pregnant to feel movements already. definitely though ask for some blood work done :) good luck!! if you have been trying i hope you get what you want!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:17 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I highly, highly doubt you are pregnant b/c of what you said about your period and negaitve tests
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Keep testing at home, and don't bother going to the doctor. Act like you are pregnant in all the ways that count, including avoiding alcohol, and take your prenatal vitamins. Stress can give you lighter periods as well as a tummy issues. Ovulation sticks are great for helping you get pregnant. Pregnancy tests will eventually come up positive if you are pregnant now. Do both if they would make you feel better, and you can afford them. While you are online, do some research on home birth. A midwife can spend hours talking to you about this kind of stuff. You do not have to be pregnant yet, to contact one. A doctor will spend 5 min in the room with you, a good midwife will spend 2 hours if needed/wanted. Check out twoweekwait.com
    Butterflybabies

Answer by Butterflybabies at 2:30 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• About the moving about...there could be a possiblity that it could be gas, but this feels different (not sure how to explain it). Boobs are huge I mean you're talking to a girl who has DD's and not fitting into my bra's any more. Also I use to be on the verge of being thin (at least around my tummy area). And since the first intial time we tried...my stomach has been growing. I just want some opinions, cause I've been reading any thing and everything. All I know there could be alot of possiblities that I could or could not be pregnant. So best bet is to go to the doctor either way. And in reponse to butterflybabies my mom is an RN in Labor and Delivery (I'd ask her, but seeing that I'm young she might kill me). But if I find out lets just hope I can get the balls to tell her.
    kittycatnat45

Answer by kittycatnat45 at 2:50 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Oh and thanks for all the responses! :)
    kittycatnat45

Answer by kittycatnat45 at 2:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Go to your doctor. You could be pregnant, or have small usually harmless ovarian cysts. They can cause bloating and pregnancy like symptoms. Also, when my mother was pregnant with me she had a "period" the first 4 months, and didn't even think she was pregnant until her doctor noticed weight gain and pregnancy symptoms. Good luck!
    beforeyoureyes

Answer by beforeyoureyes at 3:28 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• yes u should go and see a doctor and try to get a blood test done.. right now u in a 50/50 chance..
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• LOL... Sounds like gas honey... Go get checked out to make sure.
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 12:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2009