I need sleep.

My son is now 6 1/2 months, and has NEVER slept thru the night.
We wake up every 2 hours, And He is up and ready to play by 3:30 AM.

My husby & I are about to pull our hair out...
Should I start letting him cry it out? What would you do?

TheTara

Asked by TheTara at 2:25 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I let my son CIO...lost of moms are against it on here. My son now goes to sleep when I lay him down...no fuss, no tears, no sound. He's only 5 months. He is just as happy as the babies that get rocked to sleep and you can DEF see a difference between him and some of the hip babies at daycare. I've had the daycare ladies say to me "he's so good." I've also seen them say "his/her mom must carry him/her all the time..I dont' know what to do.." I felt bad for her
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Read The No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley. It's doesn't offer a quick fix, but it is a very helpful book.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 2:31 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• What I would do- and have done with both my children - is allow them to go to bed when they are ready for bed. For us, it's usuall between 10 and 11pm.
    We co-sleep. Baby sleeps better next to mama. I NEVER complain about lack of sleep, unless it's my own fault for going to bed at 2am. Kiddos are in bed by 11pm, and we don't get up until 11am- if I have sleep problems, it's probably because I'm sleeping TOO much!
    I would never, ever ever ever ever CIO - even if someone had a gun to my head.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 2:32 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I'm sorry, I'm a working momma and there's no way I can stay up or wake up at all hours with my baby. CIO was my way to go and it worked for me :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• CIO doesn't work for all babies. It only made my nephew harder to get to sleep and much clingier. He never did actually go to sleep and he cried and screamed for 3 hours before my SIL went in to get him.

Most babies are not sleeping through the night until after 1 year. You're not alone. :)

What time is he going to bed at night? If he is wanting to get up so early, you might need to try a later bedtime or less naps during the day. He might be a baby who does not need as much sleep as is recommended.
    ReekaJean

Answer by ReekaJean at 4:02 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My daughter barely sleeps through the night now, but at least it's only just stirring now (she's 4). I found that I had to let her go to sleep a lot later than I would think, especially since my husband worked nights so we didn't go to bed until later, that way she'd sleep in later with us. For the most part though, she'd sleep for 4 hours, then be awake for 4, and when he was in school and working full time, I COULDN'T let her CIO so I'd sleep for 4, then be up trying to keep her quiet for 4, then go back to bed. Blah that was awful.
    jemm

Answer by jemm at 4:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Check out a new product that is getting a lot of attention called the Magic Sleepsuit. Creator was just named featured mom inventor on www.mominventors.com
    Anonymous