is it bad when you can mold your body parts?

HA silly i know.. i mean when you are so swollen when you push lightly on your skin it takes that imprint and stays like that until you push it back?? from my knees down its like this ankles are the worst, and same with my arms... i even just propped my legs up for a few hours straight because of this..and its still there

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 2:28 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes that is bad. it indicates raised blood pressure which is a sign of preclampsia.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• haha, i had that before just keep your feet up, did you have your baby yet? i had my little girl on dec 31st via c-section
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 2:31 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• no not yet! im noly 34 weeks.. well now that its friday its 35 weeks i suppose. is it normal and okay even after i prop them up?
    i mentioned swelling to my dr *it wasnt this bad then though* and i was confused by his answer ... i should have asked him to clear it up idk why i didnt. anyway i thought he first said to prop them up and if they stay that way after a few hours then to call then i thougt he said its normal dont call.. idk. i guess i could wait until my next appt? lol its just realllyy weird i didnt notice until earlier i was on the toilet (i seem to be on it all the time now im towards the end LMAO) and i saw my ankles look like sausages.. ew.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:33 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• you did!? :) how far along were you when they did a csection? :) were you nervous? whyd they have to do one? ew id be scared to do a surgery like that lol i hope i dont have to.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:34 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Extreme swelling is a sign of preeclampsia, please make sure you contact your doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• could it be from walking too? i walk to work every day it is maybe about a quarter of a mile away maybe less and ill sometimes walk home from work as well. well could walking like this everyday make it worse is what i mean i think.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:39 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• It's called "indenting edema", and if it doesn't go away you should definitely call your doc. It's different than just regular swelling. I deal with it a lot due to my health problems (totally unrelated to pregnancy)
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 2:43 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• ya call your doctor about the swelling, as far as my labor I was due jan 12th I wen in on the 30th with contractions every 3 minutes (just like with my son) except this time I was in labor 17 hours (only 8 with my 1st) doctor broke my water and my daughter decided to turn face up and she couldn't proceed to move down, I was only 38 weeks and 1 day. They rushed me to emergency c - section and I will admit I cried the whole time it wasn't the way i wanted it to go, but none the less baby and I are doing great. the only sucky thing is i wasn't released from the hospital until saturday and as far as new years I slept right through it, on the plus side Autumn made it just in time for that tax break lol
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 2:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• LOL :) awh i would have cried too dont feel bad lol. congrats!!! i cant wait to see my little Brookeyyyy!! :)
    its really just brooke but idk we all tend to call her that i hated it at first.. lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:50 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• lol autumn is called princess half the time or by her brothers name on accident
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 2:54 AM on Jan. 9, 2009