if my depo shot was due on july 14th and today (july 16) we had unprotected sex should i ask for the morning after pill at the dr tomorrow?

the dr. is closed right now so i am going tomorrow.i am going to ask them too i just want to see if anyone knew on here.thank you ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Health

• You don't have to ask for the morning after pill at the doctors office.. I'm not sure about where you live, but here in VA.. ALL you have to do is call your local pharmacy and tell them you want the morning after pill.. THey will fill it NO SCRIP NEEDED and you pick it up!! THAT EASY!!! I did that, I couldn't believe how easy it was!!! You should check out www.cafemom.com/group/birthcontrolmommy you might find some other questions you need answers too! Hope I could help!
    AmberleesMoMMy

Answer by AmberleesMoMMy at 11:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Ask your doctor when you see him. Only he can give you a proper answer.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:43 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I AGREE WITH THE ABOVE ANSWER, ALTHOUGH I WORK WITH A FAMILY DOCTOR AND AS FAR AS I KNOW THE DEPO SHOT STAYS IN YOUR SYSTEM FOR 6 MONTHS AFTER A DOSE IS MISSED-> IT NORMALLY TAKES 6 MONTHS OR MORE ONCE YOU TAKE YOURSELF OFF OF THE DEPO SHOT, SO NO I WOULDN'T THINK YOU WOULD NEED A MORNING AFTER PILL(i dont really agree with those anyway) YOU SHOULD PROBABLY ASK YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT THE IUD AS A CONTRACEPTIVE, IT LAST FOR 5 YEARS!
    Silmonlady

Answer by Silmonlady at 10:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2008