• In the Spotlight:

i never really knew what a midwife was until cafemom lol

and now that i do i wish i had one this pregnancy instead of my obgyn. dont get me wrong he is very nice and all but i feel like a midwife would work better with me. im mmore into natural things and take the repercautions sp? so i am wanting to do a midwife next time i have a baby (in like 5 years lol) but any input on the benefits of a midwife and the negatives of a midwife?

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 2:36 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• idk I'd trust a doctor over a midwife any day. But that's me. You go on with your bad self dude! btw I didn't set out to be natural, I just wanted a happy and healthy pregnancy, but didn't mind having an epidural or taking iron pills and the like.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• A midwife consults with a doctor anyway...they're not "on their own"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• well ive just always been into that. i dont take medicines even when im not pregnant, and unless it is a last resort, i wont. id rather rely on more natural and homeopathic means. and i think a midwife would understand that more than a modern doctor would... idk do midwifes have less training or what training do they ahve?
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:41 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• they don't have the training of obgyn for shizz yo.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• http://www.naturalhealers.com/natural-health-resources/midwifery

I think it's kinda scary...it doesn't take much to become one
    Anonymous

• midwives go into the practice because they like being around babies and pregnant women...doctors know a lot more and have to go through years and years of training to even get the title MD. I'd bet my socks that it takes like a year to get a midwife cert and it takes over 10 years to become obgyn.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• As far as I know, it's like an apprenticeship, sort of like how a tattoo artist breaks out. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, because I haven't heard of "Midwifery" at ITT Tech ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• okay so can anyone answer the benefits about having a midwife?
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:53 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• There's different kinds. If you were to get one then I'd get a nurse-midwife b/c they have more training. The other ones it's like an apprenticeship
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• here is a good link since everyone seems to just be playing around with your question.
    i have used a midwife and a doctor and prefer a midwife. much more secure feeling and they listen to you more! doctors kinda push you aside and go to the next patient midwifes CARE. and if you deliver in a hospital then thats even better, youll feel even more secure!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Jan. 9, 2009