did anyone?

did anyone have an unassisted birth where they delivered their own child without a midwife or husband/SO? By themselves?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Heck no...I would never put my baby at risk like that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i did, i passed out and and when i woke up i had a contraction and sat up and i guess i pushed and the baby cam out... i was onlly 7 months along and luckly i am an rn so i new what to do but it was really scary and i hope no one ever has to go through what i did
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• no i wouldnt want to just do that!
    id be going freaking nuts.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:15 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I personally did not, but there are a lot of women in the group Birth Is Normal that have or are currently planning one. It is not for everyone, but it definitely is for some! :)

Also, a planned unassisted birth is not putting your baby at risk. There is extensive education, research and planning that goes into it, which always includes a backup plan if unexpected things occur.
    squish

Answer by squish at 4:23 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I can't see doing it by choice! That would not be wise.....
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:02 AM on Jan. 9, 2009