Would some please help me.

I bought some fish on 11/18/08 . I put it in my deep freezzer. I HAVE'NT TAKEN IT OUT SINCE... Is it any good it was in a ziplock bag ????? I COMPLETElY FORGOT I HAD BOUGHT IT TILL I FOUND IT TODAY. IT LOOKS FINE & DOSE'NT SMELL BAD. IT'S MACKREL, BLUE FISH, & 1 OThER I CANT REMEBER. FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A RECIPE MUAH..... Any HELP IS GLADLY APPRECIATED. HAPPY NEWYEAR:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Some info about freezing and defrosting fish, just scroll down to where is says "What is freezer burn?" . . make sure you defrost in the fridge

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles/blunt47.html

Here is a smorgasbord of recipes!

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes.php?s_type=%2Frecipes.php&q=blue+mackerel&Search=Search&Searcht=Search
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:12 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• As long as it doesn't have freezer burn, it should be perfectly fine. You can safely freeze properly stored fish for several months. Defrost in the fridge or cook from frozen, do not defrost on the counter top. As far as recipes, most fish can't go wrong with a quick roasting or sauteing and a light seasoning of fresh ground black pepper and lemon juice. Rub the fish with oil (olive or avocado) or mayo to keep moistness in and help sear the outside.
    Another easy way to prepare fish is to combine crushed dried fried onions (like for green bean casserole) with either panko or cornmeal. Season with salt & pepper, lemon pepper, paprika. Soak fish in milk for 20 min, then dip in cornmeal/panko and panfry until deep golden brown and just cooked through. Easy but very tasty.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• If it's only been frozen for almost 2 mos, it should not be freezer burnt. Most meats can be frozen for up to 6 mos. Especially if it's been wrapped properly before placing in the freezer.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 6:55 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I'M NOT SURE OF FISH I DON'T COOK IT THAT MUCH WE JUST GO OUT TO SEAFOOD PLACES AND EAT WHEN WE DESIRE SEAFOOD/FISH, I WOULD BE VERY CAREFUL ON FISH, BUT YOU DO HAVE SOME VERY GOOD SUGGESTIONS HERE, GOOD LUCK WITH IT............................
    c.barbara

Answer by c.barbara at 10:46 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I'D LIKE TO PERSONALLY THANK EACH & EVERY 1 OF YOU'll . I't really ment a lot, to me that you'll took the time out to help me..... Each 1 of you'll to were helpful . Special thanks to Bridgetc140 & Jespeach . Great recipe it was delcious .:)
    Anonymous