Whats on your Christmas dinner menu?

Im hosting the family Christmas dinner this year. So Im looking for new ideas. Or just things that I have forgotten!

Lobelia

Asked by Lobelia at 6:20 AM on Nov. 29, 2011 in Holidays

• Ugh.... I don't know...lol... the damn menu keeps changing around here bc of my boys (dh and grandson)
    It was starting out traditional, ham, turkey and all of the trimmings.. (yes we do both a ham and turkey as traditional)
    now it's meaty lasagna with meat and cheese trays, veggie trays and a large (everything in it) tossed salad..
    (which btw was my idea all along...).. and tons of baked goodies...
    so as of right now it's my idea, but since dinner with the families isn't until the 17th here, I bet something is changed out...
    !BOYS!!!
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:27 AM on Nov. 29, 2011

• Probably Tamales, Enchiladas, and spanish rice.

Answer by gemgem at 6:49 AM on Nov. 29, 2011

• Since we're Jewish, it's a tradition to have friends over and order tons of take-out Chinese. The Chinese restaurants are so crowded getting a table is impossible and a very long wait.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 6:55 AM on Nov. 29, 2011

• Usually a giant pan of lasagna...but this year we will be in Vegas so-my guess is a yummy buffet, probably the one at Mandalay Bay
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:14 AM on Nov. 29, 2011

• I will be serving between 15-25 people through out the day, so I will have different courses throughout the day.

1st ~ Antipasto Giardiniera, Toasted Ravioli's, Pepperoni & Cheese Platter, Italian Wedding Soup

2nd ~ Lasagna, Salad, and possibly meat on the side.

3rd ~ Ham, Scalloped Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, Pineapple Casserole, and an attempt to make Pastel de Choclo

4th ~ Cookies, Hazelnuts, Fanuk, Brownies and Possibly a Pie
    MettaKaruna

Answer by MettaKaruna at 8:38 AM on Nov. 29, 2011