What should I do?

If my daughter woke up at 5am and just laid in her crib laughing and cooing...should I wake up and make her a bottle or just wait till she starts crying??

nicole0709442

Asked by nicole0709442 at 4:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Leave her be...she may go back to sleep! Even if she doesn't....she may start expecting to be fed immediately every time she wakes....

Just wait it out....and listen to the laughs!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:28 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Amen to that! :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 8:26 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• As long as she isn't fussing I would let her play.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:38 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• That is exactly what you want her to do! You want her to be able to do that, to be alone for a bit and amuse herself....don't discourage it by running to her right away! You want to encourage some independence in a child---children grow into adults.....Enjoy it! It is a beautiful thing. She is enjoying herself. Don't deprive her of it!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:55 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I agree 100% with BJoan above. I use to stand out of sight when my daughter would do that. She would stop if I entered her room, I would watch her and Love her more. Now she started playing with her poop if she had too much time, so, I watched her closely. One time she painted the walls with it. What a mess. I always say when any child is quiet start looking because they might be into something they don't need to be in. They are learning after all.
    POMMOM335

Answer by POMMOM335 at 10:11 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• HONEY U LEAVE THAT BABY ALONE AND LET HER PLAY SOME BABIES WILL PLAY AND THEN RETURN TO SLEEP IF SHE NEEDS ANYTHING HONEY SHE WILL LET YOU KNOW LET HER HAVE HER OWN TIME TO DISCOVER WHAT'S THERE AND HERSELF, LIKE WHAT SHE MAYBE TRYING TO DO, OR JUST ENLARGING HER MIND, LEAVE HER TO PLAY
    c.barbara

Answer by c.barbara at 10:26 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• If she's happy, let her be. As other posters said, she'll let you know if she needs anything. If enough time goes by that you KNOW your day should be starting, then go ahead and get her up to change and feed her. The alone time might be something she really needs to get her own thoughts together and sort herself out, just as we adults need alone time. But getting her up at normal getting up time is important too!
    Jinxiewolf

Answer by Jinxiewolf at 12:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2009