Switching back to similac from prosobee?

my daughter use to drink similac and the only reason we switched from regular similac to isomil is because of constipation and it didn't work so we switched to prosobee to treat the constipation. But now her body is very dry and flaky and it wasn't like this when drinking similac and she isnt constipated. do you think its okay to switch back to similac isomil or regular similac? (my daughter does not have an allergic reaction to similac it was just because of constipation) and another question, since she isn't allergic to similac, is soy bad for babies? i know soy is bad for us adults.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd check with the pediatrician before changing formulas around. The dry and flaky stuff could be because of the weather...living in a cold climate with the heat on? living in a warm climate and it's dry? I'm not sure it has anything to do with the brand of formula she's on.

Soy is not bad for babies and soy is not bad for adults.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Are you sure the dry skin is from the formula and not from the weather? If you live in any of the northern states the combination of cold weather and heating the house could be drying out the babies skin, I know it does this to me. My son is on Prosobee and has no skin problems from it. Try putting lotion on her after her bath. If you plan to switch formulas again you should consult your pediatritian. The formula change should be done gradually, don't just switch over cold turkey. Do 75% of prosobee and 25% of the new formula to start, then gradually increase the new formula and decrease the prosobee. I would read up on different formulas and look for one that is supposed to help with constipation, I think gentleease is made for that. My doctor told me to add 1 teaspoon of dark Karo syrup (corn syrup) to two of my sons bottles a day and that has really helped him with his constipation.
    beck_9808

Answer by beck_9808 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2009