For Christians: Why r u so harsh on women who've had abortions?

14 yrs ago, i had an abortion. Was relieved @ first bit i now know it was the worst decision of my life. NEVER do it again even if i were raped by fam. member. Yes, its sin & consequenses have been harsh. But I'm forgiven now.Why r comments like, "u should of never opened your legs" or "why didnt u think of that before" always said? This makes wmn who r suffering from abortion not want to get help from the church. Shouldn't there be more grace? haven't u ever did anything that ws unacceptable in gods eyes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• hhmmm, it seems like there's a lot of rock throwing coming from some pp. There's a difference between conviction & condemnation. Yes, abortion is sin but in order for someone to grow & mature in Christ, grace must also be part of the bigger picture. Unfortunately, lack of grace is doing exactly the opposite of what Christ died for, which is for pp to go TO him, not AWAY from him.
    Abortion is a shameful & secret thing for many. Many women will never come out & receive healing due to Christian pp being so "harsh". And yes women that are Christians have said some very hurtful things to ME regarding MY past experience w/abortion. This prolonged what God wanted for me. Forgiveness. I suffered alone for 8 yrs. I can't say if these pp were Christians or not, only the Lord knows that, right? Maybe they weren't seasoned christians. Look @ yourself long & hard & we can ALL find things in our hearts & minds that are sin...

ilovebooksfan

Answer by ilovebooksfan at 11:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Not me....I may be harsh if you are planning one, but once it has been covered by repentance then no. I don't know who was doing this to you hun, but I don't see them measuing up to the biblical standards of Christianity.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:50 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• No judgement, here. We've all made bad choices & my own niece had one, which breaks my heart! As long as there's repentance in your heart, God knows, he can forgive. My problem is with those who use abortion as a form of birth control & don't see anything wrong with it. God grieves over the loss of every child that is aborted.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 6:50 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Spiritually speaking, no soul will enter into a fetus that is about to be aborted. And don't you think God would know that? So no, I don't discriminate against anyone. I personally couldn't do it. But that was, I'm sure, a hard decision and you shouldn't be punished for it.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I agree with you....
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:43 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• jennyshome; what biblical facts do you have to back that up. that is totally against what the bible says. When God called Jeremiah he told him he knew him before he formed him. Jeremiah 1:4.
    to the OP: We all make mistakes in life and that is why the blood of Jesus washes aways and covers sin.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 8:44 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I think women are harsh because they feel strongly about the situation and don't really know how to show forgiveness and compassion. I am sorry if you have had a hard time or even know others who have. One day we will all learn we were not even close to being as good as we think we are!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:52 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Hun, I don't live by biblical "facts". I live by spiritual truth and God knowledge. If you don't like what I have to say, so be it. God's unconditional love is so much greater than you could ever realize when you think that the Bible is all there is.

jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:39 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• You basically answered your own question..People are prone to giving out tough love and they dont want you to be sitting around one day 5 yrs later regretting your decision..That was an innocent child that you killed whatever the reason was...If it was financial etc you should have known that no matter what God will never give you anything you cannot handle. God will provide. You now say that regret it..so that is your answer.If you feel that turning away from God or the church is the cause of people talking about this or that that if how YOU personally take the message people convey to you..not God or the churchs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• the women who do this to you are ignorant...i dont care what the Bible says, acting like that is NOT Christ like. they will be judge just like you & me. some ppl need to point out others sins & wrongs to make themsevles feel better about their own sins...like they arent all equal in God's eyes.

i would never be harsh to anyone who had an abortion. its not my place & its the last thing they need! i can only imagine the pain the whole situation caused.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:31 AM on Jan. 9, 2009