Can anyone tell me if the bible says anything in regards to marriage and having children out of wedlock?

Does the bible say anything about having children out of wedlock and can you please provide refrences

Asked by jaidens_mom at 3:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, anyone of us can look it up, but sometimes it is nice to ask other people what they think and what they know. That's why we all are on cafemom is for support and help and getting to know other mom's. We can learn from other people and the Bible too. Sometimes somebody's insight and knowledge is a lot more helpful. :)

Answer by ethannmom at 8:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I'm not sure as to what it says exactly, but I do know friends that have had children out of wedlock that, after being saved, have stayed celibate(spelling?) until they've gotten married. I do know that God forgives anyone who confesses their sins and anyone can start over again... I myself have fornicated to conceive my first child and shortly thereafter got married, but still wasn't saved... Now I am, and am working on my husband (pray for me!) Hope I've answered your question, God Bless!!

Answer by pbjmomi at 3:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• No disrepect meant here but...if it's that big a deal for you to need to know, why not just read the bible yourself and find what you need?

Answer by Meg_the_Mermaid at 3:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I somewhat agree with the above poster. I used to ask questions all of the time about the Bible, rather than looking it up myself. In the one I have there's an index in the back. You can search things by keyword. Good luck! The Bible has answered so many questions for me :)

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• What kind of answer are you looking for here? Are you trying to prove that it isn't a sin?

Answer by Parkina at 4:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Most bible's (christian bibles) have a Concord i.e. a list of topic's and where to look them up at.

Answer by vbruno at 5:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Concordance is the actual term, and there are some online that you can use. Google it if you like.

Answer by firstimemom4049 at 5:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Youre goin to Hell!!!!! Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!
    No, Im just kiddin.....I really dont kno. Ive never read the bible =)

Answer by TheLostMuppet at 7:06 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• yes it's in the bible and i agree with some of the above answers however besides reading the bible i hear a lot and study the word at church

Answer by kimsboys at 7:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Yes, and it also says that women are considered impure, during that certain time of the month, and must remain in isolation during that time, and until they perform a sacrafical turdle dove for her sins.

Answer by Motherdragon at 7:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2008