My little girl won't sleep through the night

When I put her too bed she does fine but minutes later she wakes up crying so a comfort her by patting her till she calms down then I leave the room but as soon as I lay down to sleep she starts crying again and then she is wide awake keeping me up for hours at night. Can anyone help me find out whats wrong.?

charmd18

Asked by charmd18 at 5:53 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• First her sleep patterns WILL change. My son slept through the night with only waking once to eat, then slept half the night and had to get up and play for 3 hours. now he is back to only eating once a night again and sleeping the rest.
    Second if she is fussy she may have colic depending on age. My son had it and it isnt pretty, but it DOES end.
    Jenn8604

Answer by Jenn8604 at 8:46 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• How old is she?
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 6:21 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• How old is she and had she been sleeping through the night previously?
    Val1313

Answer by Val1313 at 8:25 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Also how is she napping?
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:34 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Check out the book by Dr. Richard Ferber "Solve Your Childs Sleep Problems". I got that book when my babe was 3 months because she was waking every 45 min-2 hours EVERY single night. This book was so helpful and gave a lot of insight to how babies sleep and why they wake. Check it out. After I figured out what was wrong- I had my 3mo old babe sleeping through the night for 10hrs straight after 3 days. Good luck:) We all feel your sleepiness!
    danahj79

Answer by danahj79 at 10:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My little girl is six months
    charmd18

Answer by charmd18 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Babies aren't meant to be left alone. Read up on attachment parenting it will make your life so much easier.
    alib232

Answer by alib232 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• We found the Magic Sleepsuit and it was a huge help. If provides the baby with a cozy and secure sleep environment, which was just what he needed. Check out at www.magiclsleepsuit.com.
    Anonymous