Any ideas for my daughters Mad Hatter themed B-day party?

It's a mad hatter tea party for a 7th b-day. She is dressing as alice, my twin 9 month olds will be tweedle dee and dum, my husband is the mad hatter...we have cakes treats and interestingdrinks...what are your thoughts?? Anything cool you think we should do?

megmckn

Asked by megmckn at 6:17 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I think what you said is good enough and sounds like fun. Let us know how it went when it's over.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:26 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• What about all of her friends? If you have not given them anything particular to do you might tell them to come with their funniest hats on so that they can have fun as the mad hatter also! Otherwise sounds great.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 9:37 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• One of those topsy turvey cakes would be perfect for your event!
    amandae21

Answer by amandae21 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Maybe have a card board cut out of the Queen of Hearts - her deck of cards. Old card board boxes and paint, or color, or use markers to make a few or have someone be a playing card. Oh, and where is Dina the cat? Sounds like such a wonderful party! I will have to remember this theme. I love how creative and original. What about adding a little spice by making a room where they are too big and one where they are too small? I don't know. That last part is probably over kill. Have fun and what a cool theme.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 6:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• - OH! And each person goes home with a Happy Un-Birthday gift for a party prize. You know, Happy Un-Birthday to you at the door as they leave.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 6:55 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• frogdawg....I love those Ideas! Definatly doing stuff with cards, but I hadn't even thought of un-birthday presents! I really love the room idea too...I'll have to put some thought into if I can make it work!
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 7:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• not sure what mag but i have seen a cake that look like a tea pot it was so cute may want to do something like that too
    Anonymous