Blagovich is on the road to impeachment who feels happy about that?

I know I am happy that Blago is going to be impeached, but I am not certain it will happen since it now is going to the Senate for a vote. I am wondering if they are not just using what just happened and not anything else. Comments?

Tayandstevenmom

Asked by Tayandstevenmom at 6:45 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• To me, it makes no difference. I think he should step down, so do a lot of other people here in IL. However he won't step down...........therefore he has to be impeached. Now, if he "wins" and doesn't get impeached, his credibility is shot and they will still pursue charges. So one way or another, if he commited the crimes they accuse him of (and being it's an IL governor, it wouldn't surprise me) then he's gonna have to answer to it. He should look at George Ryan.......duh! Gotta love IL!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 7:36 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I think he should have done the right thing and stepped down. If he was a republican then I have to wonder what kind of outrage the media would be spouting if he wouldnt have stepped down. My understanding is he was under surveillance and they have evidence to back up what he did. I think he is wasting tax payer dollars by forcing an impeachment. He should step down and face reality.

Answer by gemgem at 8:05 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I agree gemgem. They have evidence supporting their accusations. For crying out loud, they couldn't have arrested him if there was no evidence. They have him on TAPE..........there's NO DENYING your own voice on a recording. Although they did screw up.........in IL recording is inadmissible in court unless the person being taped is aware of it. But either way, Blago should step down, he's just making things worse and NO ONE trusts him anymore.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 8:08 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I just wish prosecutors would continue right on up the "impeachment ladder!" Why stop with just one Chicago politician...wink!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I am wondering if they are not just using what just happened and not anything else.

From what I heard they are using other things too. Like the fact that under his leadership, our state has a debt thats out of this world and that he doesn't do ANYTHING as a leader of our state.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 9:14 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• my4lads--

What did Obama do as Senator? Other than campaign for President?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Same thing..... NOTHING!!!!! lol
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 9:49 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I'm not from IL, but the general vicinity so I don't really care. Maybe the new governor can do something about the expensive tolls we pay..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• You mean the 30 year "temporary" toll way system? Yeah, I'm with you on that one
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 10:34 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I'm from illinois and I keep wondering why does everyone want him to step down? The man is innocent until proven guilty. People have been after him for a long time, and while I don't doubt that he's done some dirty stuff, guess what?- so have most politicians. It's easy to burn someone at the stake when it isn't you on it- let it go to trial, let his lawyers represent him and if he's convicted then he should step down. Don't get caught up in the media hype and spin. Daley does all kinda wicked shit and yet no one says a thing - now you're paying more for parking meters 7 days a week even holidays, he forced the people out by o'hare airport so that he could expand corruption is always steps from his door and yet he knows nothing??!! give the damn governor a break and read between the lines, if he did it he had plenty of help and I hope he sings like a bird
    need2rest71

Answer by need2rest71 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 9, 2009