my bf is on probation for a gross misdemeanor (one step below a felony) ... (see below for rest of ?)

he has been on probation for over a yr it is done this summer, he has made al his visits so far and complied with everything he has had no violations and done everything they asked.. yesterday he was supposed to go in (he just fills out a paper) HE FORGOT!!! his po i out til the 14th but hes going in today to do the paper wor and hes gona call them as soon as they open but what i want to know is do you think they will arrest him or just over look and give him a warning? his po i susually pretty cool but you never know... ADVCIE PLZ!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• If he has an excellent track record like you describe, and he follows through today as you said, he should be fine. I was a po for 17 years.....I never heard of anyone being violated for something like that! The relationship with the po is most often based on the compliance level of the person on probation, by the way. What would be the point in causing problems for someone for missing a reporting form date if they contact the office the next day and follow up? If it was "the last straw" after numerous warnings that would be a different situation. I know there are mean probation officers, but ultimately it has to go before a judge or hearing officer so the situation does have to warrant the action!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:30 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• With one day, I think it'll be all good. I'd be waiting at the door when they opened today.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:15 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• It will be pretty obvious he didnt violate on purpose and if he is there early and doesnt make this a habit, most po will let him slide once.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 7:23 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• If he PO is cool then he probably doesnt have anything to worry about. Probation violations and things like that often come down on how the PO and criminals relationship is. Some are real jerks, some arent. I think he will be fine.

Answer by gemgem at 8:01 AM on Jan. 9, 2009