• In the Spotlight:

How would u feel about transygenders (particularly men) using the women's restroom?

Many transgender men are suing to be able to use wmen's restroom/gym,etc, but I'm just not comfortable w/this. Can u honestly tell me that u wouldn't mind a transgender male teacher taking your daughter(if u have one) to the restroom like say during a field trip? or what about a public gym like Bally's? Would u really not mind changing in front of him? Maybe u won't but I predict that many women will. This could also lead to straight pervert men pretending to be transgender & then have full access to rape child or a woman?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think it is totally unacceptable!! The original post, I think what she meant was this: if a heterosexual serial rapist PRETENDS to be transsexual, according to "his rights" he is at free will to rape and anything else he wants to do to our little girls,mothers,wives and sisters. Why, because we certainly wouldn't want to offend the poor guy. But one day, we're not going to be so worried about all that and being "Politically Correct", we are going to worry how to explain our lack of care and reverence for a Pure and Holy God! We will ALL have to answer to Him one day. Whether you believe in HIm or not doesn't make any difference, we will have our day of judgement. I believe if you have male anatomy-use the mens room. If you have female anatomy-use the ladies room!! It's that simple.

jackied0624

Answer by jackied0624 at 9:06 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• ii am okay with the bathroom, because of the stall doors and the fact taht they could get jumped by men in the mens room,,, also i think it would be kinda funny to find one in teh restroom, on the other hand i object to locker rooms because people change in the open there and it just seems different... i think if htey wanna use the gym they need to shower at home.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• it is also offensive to think they are more likely to rape someoen because of their transgender-ness, like how some idiots think that gay people are more likely to rape.. which is not true... that is a lil weird!! i seriously doubt straight men would cross dress to get in the womens room... seriously!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:49 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• i wouldn't like it. i would feel uncomfortable.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 7:56 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I dont like it. It would make me uncomfortable and likely to complain if i saw it, whether it was legal or not. Men should use men bathrooms and women should use womens bathrooms. This is why I am glad there are many family bathrooms popping up in places for children and family to use.

Answer by gemgem at 7:59 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Amaliad, just pick up your local newspaper or whatever & see that it's not that far out to think that a pervert straight man would do this. I'm not talking about a mentally adapt man. I'm talking about rapists & child molesters that do "weird" things to get to women & child. I don't think it's just me cuz  all lawsuits were initiated cuz women felt uncomfortable w/men in restroom/gym rom. Then transgender men sued. I don't know, i'm just very protective of children & women. I just think theres alof of gray areas that are not being forseen.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• How do you know that the "women" in the stall right next to you is really a women? IF someone really wants to dress up like a women so they can rape children and women, they are already doing it. They dont need a law passed. I'd like to say I would be tolerant of a transgender but I honestly have never been put in the situation that my morals or feelings had to be put to the test. Im not sure about "the field trip" thing. Generally they go to the restroom in groups. Teaching your child this kind of thing is just as important as teaching them not to talk to strangers. Never go into the bathroom alone with another adult. Its just not transgender you need to worry about. Sicko's are out there everywhere.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:22 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Ok, A) If you gotta go, you gotta go. and B) We are a conservative Christian family, BUT, I teach my children proper manners and they better respond properly no matter who addresses them. Each person is a person. I teach my children self protection and not fear. They are taught never to go with anyone or trust anyone until mom or dad says they can. However, that said, I think the locker room thing is a little toooooo far. I simply don't want to shower in the same room as a strange naked man and my daughter is too young to see naked men.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 8:23 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• doesnt bother me at all...

if you are afraid of a transgender pretending that to maybe molest someone.. well then u have to be afraid of the whole world. everybody could be a molester.

if a man wants to be a woman, then i dont have a problem with him/her using the female bathroom/locker rooms.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:25 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I don't think the transgender men/women are a threat to anyone---not even children. If they are discrete in the locker room....I don't have a problem with it. Personally I am extremely discrete in a locker room myself and I would appreciate everyone doing the same anyway! If there is some man out there who wants to disguise himself as a woman to get into a restroom to attack women, I guess he could do that whether or not transgender people use the restroom....We all have to be careful in public restrooms and we have to be careful with our kids in public restrooms...so this is a non-issue. Don't forget, young boys over a certain age use the men's restroom. It is not only women's bathrooms that are a risk....
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:25 AM on Jan. 9, 2009