Do you like AC/DC ?

My sister is NOT a fan and she's headed off to their concert tonight ... would you go see a musician you didn't like just for the sake of going to a concert?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Entertainment

• Love them! I actually have some 'unreasonable' guilt because I have always since he was like 8 years old told my ds -now 15- that if they toured and came within 3 hours of us I would take him to the concert. Well as luck would have it the day the tickets went on sale I didn't have the $ to go buy them but 2-3 days later I did and by then the shows close enough- 3.5 hours to NYC or Boston- were sold out so I looked online and the cheapest tickets were like $250 EACH so I had to tell him that we would not be able to go. He understood, but I still feel bad and that was in November.  simple frownBut would not attend a concert for a band I didn't like unless it was to supervise my son.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:26 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• nope.. i wouldnt waste my money for something i dont like...

i, personally, love ac/dc though :D
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:20 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I am not a fan and probably wouldn't go to any concert of a group I wasn't a huge fan of .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 8:25 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I wouldn't waste the $$ either, however, I LOVE AC/DC!! Tell her I think she's a little brat! lol
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 8:29 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Ahh very much agreed , I would go to supervise my children .
    I am the OP , I have NO idea why it posted anonymously ... strange .

Anyhow my sister and her husband paid around $500 for 2 tickets , with transportation to and from the venue , I think that's insane especially when they aren't even big fans of the group.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 8:31 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I have gone to plenty of concerts where I wasnt interested in the person performing. I have also found by going I actually appreciate the music more. Sometimes I appreciate it less lol depends on the artist. I dont think going to concerts is ever a waste of money. It beats staying home and doing nothing.

Answer by gemgem at 8:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I love ac/dc too and so do all of my kids!!! i would not go to a concert though if i didn't like the group!
    mizzlady5

Answer by mizzlady5 at 10:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I love AC/DC. I would, however, not waste money or time going to a concert of a group I didn't like.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I've gone to several concerts where I wasn't a big fan, but, in my defense, they were FREE tickets. I live close to an amphitheater and get tickets thrown my way often. Usually sucky shows, but the party in the parking lot is usually worth going for.

However..... I LOVE AC/DC, and so do my kids. I wouldn't consider spending money like that on any concert tickets, though!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 2:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2009