How do you show your independence?My husband wants me to sit home and cook and clean.Which I do a lot. But sometimes I just want to go back to work.Please no bashing , just advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• If you and hubby agreed for you to stay home with them, then you should both agree to send them in the daycare/babysitter system. Once they're all in school I am hoping I can find something part time to do but I don't personally want to put my kids in daycare for a lot of reasons. Don't listen to the ones that say if you want to do it then to heck with what hubby thinks, just do it... marriage doesn't work that way, or not a good one anyway. Everything should be discussed, including your feelings about this and decided when it would be best for you to go back to work. Maybe he would let you work some when he's home so childcare doesn't eat you anything you make. It's hard to stay connected tho if you're not together.. good luck in your decision making :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:22 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• hi, i have one just like that it does get old cooking cleaning, all i can say lifes what we make it hun get in the car get a job if thats what u want dont let anyone hold u back, u will fell better about yourself. go get girl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I got a part time job a couple of nights a week. Hubby was so supportive. And I got to spend what I made, b/c it was not added to our budget. Of course I bought things for hubby and kids, but it was nice to have that me time. I loved it.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 8:38 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• SPEAK YOUR MIND!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I went back to college so when the kids were older I could go back to work with a bang.

Answer by gemgem at 8:44 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• It's not 1954 . Go work if you can get childcare .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 8:44 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Do what YOU want to do!! Don't let ANYONE - not even the most "loving" hubby hold you back from what YOU want!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 8:46 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Pitch a hissy fit! A little immature, but if that's what it takes to make him listen, do it. Tell him you are not the maid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• You aren't an "independent woman". You are a married woman. You should be content to act as such.
    Anonymous

• look in to school part time it leaves u open for your wife and mommy duties but gives you a way to become independent and have time to your self
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 2:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2009