vasectomy

so what happened after he gets a vasectomy? what does shooting blank mean, no sperm coming out when he reaches an orgasm? is that weird? what about his performance, would it still be the same? all in all, is it worth it or taking pills is better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Health

• If you are done having children for sure , its worth it .
    THe surgery is done , then he has to ejaculate quite a number of times before the 'stored' sperm are gone , after 6 weeks he would bring in a sample and have it tested , normally after this the count is zero and that's it .
    Performance shouldn't change at all , he still ejaculates as before just no sperm in there .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 8:41 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• my hubusband had a vas while I was still pregnant w/ our 3rd. it was an in and out procedure done in doc's office. we had to take a sample in a few weeks later. he tells all his guy friends to go for it. lol the only thing that changes is the that he wants it more now lol
    orbitlynn

Answer by orbitlynn at 8:48 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• oops husband
    orbitlynn

• There is absolutely no change in performance or ejaculation.  The only difference is there is no sperm (hence the term shooting blanks).

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:08 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I WISH my husband would get one. He is one of those types that thinks he will be "less of a man" and whatnot..blah blah blah...jesus it pisses me off. Meanwhile I have to deal with an IUD that is so painful while we have sex it sometimes isn't even worth it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I have heard stories from women whose husbands got it done while still young (like under 26 or so) and now they are older (like 35-40ish) and they have ED. I personally have heard too many horror stories to allow my husband to do it despite the fact that he has volunteered to.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• To answer the OP, he will still ejaculate, there just won't be sperm in it. The sperm make up a tiny percentage of the ejaculate, everything else is to protect the sperm and provide a medium for them to survive in.

I'm not okay with my DH getting a vasectomy. I've hear and read too many stories about post-vasectomy pain syndrome, erectile dysfunction, autoimmune problems, and increased risk of alzheimer's disease! No, thank you!
    Anonymous