help...

hi i have a small dog she has very dry skin iv tried benadril, i dont give her lots baths, is there somthing i can use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Pets

• brush daily to stimulate oil production, feed her natural oils, during the winter I add olive oil to my dogs kibble and feed them high quality feed. I use Eukanuba for my dogs. Umm, benadryl doesn't really help for dry skin...it's a histamine blocker. And you right in not giving her too many baths, it actually will make the problem worse.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 9:24 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Try adding a tea spoon of saflour oil her her food. It helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Give her a fish oil capsule once daily this what are vet has us give my dog for dry skin.You can buy it anywhere in the vitamin section of the store fairly cheap.It works well.
    carebear2025

Answer by carebear2025 at 12:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Have you taken her to the vet to make sure it's not a skin condition?
    Even if its not, I'm sure they could give you some tips
    Anonymous

• my dog has same problem. i havent tried it yet but i dont see why it wouldnt work. it workd for me when i had itchy skin. i bought shampoo that had oatmeal in it.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• try a raw egg on her food a few times a week. works great for my yellow lab/rott mix with dandruff
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 11:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Check out Dr Foster and Smith online - they have tons of special stuff for all sorts of skin problems.
    misskimmy62

Answer by misskimmy62 at 6:03 PM on Jan. 11, 2009