What age do kids start to lose their baby teeth?

My son is 7. He's got one wiggly one up front. Most of the other kids in school have gaps. Just curious.

realtorshelly

Asked by realtorshelly at 8:53 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• 6-8 years I think is normal for most kids .
    My 6 year old still hasn't lost any of his teeth , my 7 year old has lost his 2 front upper teeth.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 8:54 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Mine always lost their teeth around 6-7

Answer by gemgem at 8:57 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• What you have to remember is that they will lose them at the same rate that they gained them. Or at least that is what I have seen. If your child was a late bloomer for getting them then they might be a late bloomer for losing them also.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 9:35 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• 6 or 7, can be earlier. My neighbor's boy is 4 and he has a couple loose ones already.
    Reener

Answer by Reener at 12:07 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My kids always lost them late, I was the same way...still had baby teeth (molars) in high school. But they got thier teeth later. My 7 year old just lost one, but it was helped along by his little sisters head, none of the other ones are wiggly.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:31 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• It is really hard to tell. I know that my children lost their teeth late. My oldest was in the middle of 1st grade, while my middle child was in second grade and almost 8. My baby just turned 7 and she has not lost any yet.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• For my kids it was around 6. My oldest lost hers a few months after she turned 6. My son lost his about a month before he turned 6 and my middle daughter was 5 1/2.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:37 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My little girl Whom is 5 Aug 31st lost her first tooth this Dec. the 25th.
    We were in line to get our passports checked at the airport.. A good shock ..
    And we did the whole tooth fairy thing why not.
    claras_mommie

Answer by claras_mommie at 5:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• August 31st is a great birthday claras mommie. My son has the same and he'll be 11 this year! But all three of mine lost the first ones a little early. my son, my oldest, my son and my oldest daughter lost their first ones at age five and my youngest just lost her first one this year the day after she turned 6!!!! So, I think 5-7 is pretty normal.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 6:52 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• My son is seven too and he has been losing teeth like crazy this year!
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 7:56 PM on Jan. 9, 2009