Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can i fill out a 1040 now that i have a dependant?

i don't have any investments, etc and usually do the 1040EZ... but now that i have a baby can i just do the 1040?? if not, what do i need?

Answer Question

Asked by ariel08 at 8:56 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 4 (43 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • I think you can fill out either. My best advice? Go to the irs site and click on free file. They have an option that guides you to a site that lets you file free (like turbotax etc). You click through using those links and they ask questions like do you work, do you have kids, how much do you make. Then they send you to the right program. The program then asks questions and files the right form for you.

    Answer by gemgem at 9:05 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

  • Yes, you can still file the 1040 or the 1040EZ

    Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:34 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

  • You will have to file form 1040 because of the dependent. Don't worry, it's not a hard form to fill out.

    Answer by ferdo0204 at 9:35 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.