any remedies for a very gassy 2 month old-besides mylecon?

Ingrid03

Asked by Ingrid03 at 9:05 AM on Jan. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• gripe water
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 9:10 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• you can get it at like health food stores and walgreens. It is all natural. My son had super bad colic and we used it for him. It says it helps colic, and gas. Hope this helps.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 9:12 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• If he's formula fed and you mix it from powder...make it up ahead of time and leave it in the fridge. This will give the air bubbles extra time to dissipate and cut down on the amount of air entering his system.

To heat from the fridge, simply heat some water in a measuring cup in the microwave and put the bottle in the water. Go change the diaper and the bottle is pretty much the right temp.

Burp him after ever couple of ounces.

Other than that I don't know of anything. We had good luck with Mylecon drops though.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:23 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Gripe water is BAD if there's alcohol in it, so make sure to read the label. I used to pump my son's leg's like the he was riding a bike lol, it worked great!!! My Doc recommended it! Also burping more often, so after 1-2 oz's...you'd be surprised they seem to always have a burp. There's drop's called Ovol, I'd try that in the formula before I'd bother with gripe water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• DON'T feed your baby solids before 6 months either, OMG so bad for they're little tummies and they're digestive systems are NOT ready at all!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• my daughter was really fussy too.. it was a lot of gas, but also acid reflux.. if your baby is spitting up a whole lot or seems more fussy after eating, it may be reflux. Switching formula or using a doctor prescribed antacid (like Zantac) may help
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:39 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Mint tea will soothe the tummy.
    monkeymomma9501

Answer by monkeymomma9501 at 9:56 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Take your baby and lay him/her on his back. Take his legs and bend the knees and push the knees toward the chest. Make a rotating motion from Left to Right and back and forth. Pull the legs out to a straight position and then push them back to a bent position apply gentle but firm pressure, baby should pass gas and will feel a ton better. Also, minimize crying b/c crying causes more gas and use bottles that minimize air intake. GL The leg trick worked wonders for my babies!
    karebearintx

Answer by karebearintx at 10:05 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I haven't tried this myself, but you could check into it. It's called "Happi Tummi Colic and Gas Relief Waistband". I saw it on the BRU website for $17.00. -- The reviews seem to be very favorable for it. -- I wish it had come out a bit sooner. I would have tried it for Chloe.
    bridbill

Answer by bridbill at 10:06 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Rub his belly in a circular motion. Turn him towards you and curl his knees up to his chest (for the fetal position)... this will help him relieve some of that gas.
    ddmac314

Answer by ddmac314 at 10:30 AM on Jan. 9, 2009